Pages: « 1 »

knittedJoe
closet measurement more like welcome
Date: Mar 20, 2008 2:19:38 AM PDT
Author: knittedJoe

This is just a welcome more then anything else, but it is also a topic for discussion. I have added this new element or venue to the website and inviting you to use it. Why?
That would be the question is there a need with in the Canadian textile and fibre arts community for fibre quarterly as a Magazine, as a place for discussion about things that are of interest to you?
For instances: last week at the weaving guild I belong to we had a speaker, Michael Gervers, He is a professor of History and Art History at the University of Toronto. He spoke about felt and felt making in Mongolia. he was very specific about Textiles being woven and fabric being none woven (felted knitted fused) he showed examples of early Mongolian felt found in a 1930ies dig on the Russia Mongolian border from the BC ear that had appliqué designs sewn on to them. He also showed contemporary examples that are quilted white on white and typical of today’s work; he made no comment on the loss of colour or applied decoration.
This to me is a place to begin a discussion; do you know anything about this?

Threadpainter
New here!
Date: Dec 19, 2008 7:48:02 AM PST
Author: Threadpainter

Thank you for your welcome, tho' seeing the date of this message I wonder about your membership. I am very glad tho' that there is a place for Canadian Fibre Artists to come and share and learn from one another. Networking amongst us is a valuable thing.
I have felted in my fibre journey but I am not an expert, but I love it all.
I hope to enjoy further discussions.
Threadpainter

knittedJoe
you can lead a horse to water but
Date: Feb 20, 2009 11:31:24 PM PST
Author: knittedJoe

as I said in my e-mail to you...

you can weave the place mats and napkins set the table, cook the food, invite the guest...

after that you find out they we're checking their face book and forgot all about it.

until next time

joe
Originally Posted by Threadpainter:
Thank you for your welcome, tho' seeing the date of this message I wonder about your membership. I am very glad tho' that there is a place for Canadian Fibre Artists to come and share and learn from one another. Networking amongst us is a valuable thing.
I have felted in my fibre journey but I am not an expert, but I love it all.
I hope to enjoy further discussions.
Threadpainter

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.